5 tips to help relieve pain as an anti inflammatoryJuly 30, 2017
- Turmeric and black pepper is a powerful anti inflammatory, anti tumour and antioxidant properties. Turmerics curcumin reduces inflammation naturally without damaging the liver or kidneys.
- Fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids found in fish oil can help pain, working as an anti inflammatory. Omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and may help lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer and arthritis. Omega 3 fatty acids are highly concentrated in the brain and appear to be important for cognitive (brain memory and performance) and behavioural function.
- Rosemary has the ability to relieve pain, it is used in treating headaches, muscle pains, rheumatism and even arthritis. Massaging the affected area that is in pain with rosemary essential oil can give quick relief to pain. Vapour baths with rosemary oil are also found to be effective in the treatment of rheumatism. it has certain anti inflammatory qualities as well which makes it very good for relieving the pain from sprains and joint aches. It stimulates blood circulation which can relieve pain and also aids in healing of wounds faster.
- Eucalyptus essential oil is well known for it’s anti inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant , deodorant, antiseptic antibacterial stimulating and other medicinal qualities. If you are experiencing joint and muscle pain, massaging eucalyptus oil on the surface of the skin helps to relieve stress and pain. The volatile eucalyptus oil is analgesic and anti inflammatory in nature, therefore it is often recommended to patients suffering from rheumatism, lumbago, sprained ligaments and tendons, stiff muscles, aches, fibrosis and even nerve pain.
- Frankincense can inhibit the production of key inflammatory molecules associated with conditions like arthritis, asthma, painful bowel disorders like IBS and many more conditions. It can be useful in helping prevent the breakdown of cartilage tissue and has been shown to significantly reduce levels of dangerous and painful inflammation making it a natural treatment option for pain related conditions that affect the muscles joints and tendons.
Surfcoast massage is fully qualified in all aspects of injuries and inflammation and can help you to treat the problem incorporating massage and essential oils that you can benefit from. Surfcoast massage can be contacted on 0438668878 to book an appointment or to find out more speak to Lisa.