Boosting the immune systemMay 21, 2017
Adopt a healthy lifestyle
- Don’t smoke
- Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Control your blood pressure
- If you drink alcohol, drink in moderation
- Adequate sleep
- Take steps to avoid infection, washing your hands frequently and cooking meals thoroughly.
- Get regular medical screening tests for people in your age group
- Avoid stress which can affect your sleep, moods and productivity.
10 Herbs, supplements and essential oils to boost your immune system
- Echinacea- great for the common cold
- Elderberry -Fights colds, flu, allergies and inflammation
- Collioidal Silver – great healer of wounds, sores and infection
- Probiotics – good bacteria for the gut supporting your immune system
- Astragalus root- protects the body from gastrointestinal inflammation and cancers
- Ginger – inflammatory disorders viruses, bacteria and parasites
- Ginseng – improves the performance of the immune system.
- Vitamin D – works to maintain tolerance and promotes protective immunity
- Myrrh – strengthens the immune system with its antiseptic antibacterial and anti fungal properties
- Oregano – fights infection, great healer and an immune booster
The immune system is an interactive network of organs, cells and proteins that protect the body from viruses and bacteria or any foreign substances.
When our immune system is working properly we don’t even notice, it’s when the performance of our immune system is compromised that we face illness.
Plants, herbs and minerals can be used to prevent and fight infections due to their antimicrobial and immune boosting properties.
Surfcoast massage uses essential oils for different modalities and their properties are extremely powerful boosting the lymphatic system. Contact Lisa at Surfcoast Massage to help you through the winter colds and flu season. Surfcoast Massage is located in Torquay and Jan Juc and can be contacted on 0438668878.