6 Symptoms of tendonitisSeptember 22, 2021
Tendonitis is a condition where the connective tissue between your muscles and bones (tendons) become inflamed, often caused by repetitive activities tendonitis can be painful. Tendonitis is a fairly common problem according to the Bureau of Labor statistics, tendonitis causes more than 70,000 people to miss work per year. It is important to understand its symptoms and treatment so that you can avoid this painful condition.
- Pain and tenderness in the affected tendon which is often worse when you move it.
- A grating sensation as the tendon moves
- A lump on the tendon
- weakness in the affected area
- decreased range of motion.
Foods to avoid if you have tendonitis
- Refined sugar, sweets and desserts, processed foods containing high amounts of sugar that provoke the body’s inflammatory response.
- White starches ( potato)
- Processed foods and snacks
- High fat meats
Is cold or heat better?
When you’ve first injured the area ice is better than heat for the first 3 days. Ice numbs the pain and causes blood vessels to constrict which helps to reduce swelling.
Surfcoast massage treats many clients with this condition, identifying the condition then treating it with dry needling and massage. Advising clients to reduce/stop the repetitive activity which has caused the injury and then stretching exercises to do at home. Surfcoast massage is qualified in dry needling, cupping, craniosacral, soft tissue, fascia therapy to name a few. Call Lisa on 0438668878 to make an appointment.