10 Causes of Nasal CongestionDecember 17, 2017
Causes of nasal congestion
- Allergies – hayfever reaction to pollen or grasses
- Common cold
- Deviated septum
- Reaction to medication
- Rhinitis medicamentosa- extended use of decongestants, nasal sprays
- Sinusitis or sinus infection
- Pregnancy due to the increased amount of blood flowing through the body women can suffer from nasal congestion.
- Nasal polyps
- Narrow or collapsing of the nasal valve
- Concha bullosa a large concha bullosa within a turbinate may cause it to bulge sufficiently to obstruct the opening of an adjacent sinus leading to recurrent sinusitis.
Lymphatic drainage can help in some cases of nasal congestion, Surfcoast massage is qualified and experienced in this technique. Lymphatic drainage is quite an effective treatment, so if you are experiencing nasal congestion call Lisa on 0438668878 and speak to her about your symptoms. Surfcoast massage is located in 2 clinics Torquay and Jan Juc all treatments are by appointment only.