Cold and flu seasonMay 22, 2016
Massage can help during the cold and flu season:
- Massage after 2-3 days of having a cold can help move the virus through your system detoxing and purifying your body.
- Massage can help improve blood and the lymphatic circulation, helping to boost your immune system.
- Massage helps reduce the effects of stress making you less susceptible to illness. Cortisol levels are decreased which are responsible for stress and oxytocin levels are raised (the happy contentment hormone).
- Massage creates positive changes in the endocrine system where hormones are formed . Hormones affect mood desire, depression, alertness, sleep and hunger. A good nights sleep is the key to good health.
- Massage circulates lymphocytes which are responsible for the destruction of harmful substances within the body.
- Massage is crucial to help in the colder months, increasing circulation increases body warmth, provides healthier blood pressure levels.
Surfcoast massage performs remedial massage, lymphatic drainage and more to help you during the cold and flu season. Surfcoast massage in Jan Juc and Torquay are fully qualified and can help you to understand and treat the problem. Surfcoast massage can be contacted on 0438668878 to book an appointment or find out more call Lisa,